Thursday, August 22, 2013

Quotations on thinking, speaking and writing (21)



“I look for ambiguity when I’m writing because life is ambiguous.”
~Keith Richards (pictured)

“The writer operates at a peculiar crossroads where time and place and eternity somehow meet. His problem is to find that location.”
~Flannery O’Connor

“The most important thing in communication is to hear what is not being said.”~Peter Drucker

“The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.”
~Helen Keller

“Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final.”
~Rainer Maria Rilke

“One afternoon when I was seven I complained to [my grandfather] of boredom, and he... told me that I was never to use that term in his presence again, that if I was bored it was my fault and no one else’s.”
~John Taylor Gatto

“What I cannot create, I do not understand.”
~Richard Feynman (It was on his blackboard when he died.)

The Takeaway: Keep an open mind.

See disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment